First Day of Spring - Less Than A Month Away!

Encouraging thoughts - we all need them. Tom related a little life lesson that I have often repeated since he told it to me. E + R = O. That is, Experience + our Reaction to those experiences equals our Outcome. We often don't have a lot of control over our Experiences, but our Reactions are something we have direct control over.

Along those same lines, we had a great motivational speaker - Boaz Rauchwerger - come and speak to us in the Studio. I will be the first to admit that I often find motivational speakers to be a bit cheesy and I don't often take much from their message, but Boaz was different. He is the definition of an optimist and his attitude is infectious, you know, in a good way. He left us with his "31-day charge" which has a short story along with a motivational Attitude Affirmation for each day of the month. I find myself often repeating my favorites. We made up signs after Boaz's presentation with a variation on the famous Notre Dame sign tapped by the football players on their way to the field. Our sign reads: Ever Day, I Play Like A Champion!

I've found that applying Boaz's advice in my everyday life has helped me make the impact of the E a little less and strenghtened my R and that has led to better O. (e + R = O!)

0 comments: