Presentation Power!

Ok, I'm the first to admit that I'm terrible when it comes to presentations. What's the first thing you think about when you think presentations? Powerpoint (or Keynote, a mild improvement from Apple)? Probably. And you know what? As far as that software is concerned, you could do a whole lot worse when it comes to efficiently presenting loads of material. But too often I succumb to the temptation to overload the page with words to ensure that I'm getting all my points across. I give too much information and not enough solid "take away moments."

There are so many great sites out there to help out us poor schleps with our presentation skills, but I'd like to draw your attention to a couple in particular. First, Garr Reynold's blog and book Presentation Zen have been a great resource to me. He is writing a new book due out this Fall called Presentation Zen Design - I'm really excited to see what that looks like. Second is Ted - Ideas Worth Spreading. This is just an amazing site. If you want to see some world-class presentations by some amazing people, Ted is the site for you. Check out the quick presentation below and you'll have your first taste of something different in presentations.

0 comments: